Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishsmith

Programmer
Jun 23, 2004
US
Hello,

I have established a reporting system, which displays the summary of records in the tabular form. I have added view and edit icons, to view click view and to edit click edit. I also want add print icon to just click print and would print the record without even going into the record.

Is it possible with Cold Fusion. If anybody can help that would be a great help.

Ashish Smith

I think you'll need some javascript for this...
Because it will need a client side action for this.

I'll check if I've got something for you. I'll get back 2 you for the code!

Michael van Leest

Some people can learn, some people can teach.

it wouldn't be client side if he doesn't want to open the record, it would never get to the client hence there would be nothing to print.

There is no way to do that. none. in order to print client side, you have to display something client side. end of story. if you want a little more flexability you can use something like crystal reports or cognos. but the record has to be open to print. even using javascript when you print it only opens the print dialog box for confirmation.

want proof? right click a file in windows explorer, select print. windows has to open the file in the program to handle that format inorder to print it. windows then does the curtesy of closing the file back up for you though. (i tried a txt file it opened notepad, try pdf it will open acrobat then close it after printing)

sorry.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back