Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print out the cmd prompt screen contents? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenoo

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
IE
How do I print the information which appears in the black command prompt screen, please ?

Right-click anywhere in the Command Prompt window. Choose "Select All" from the resulting menu and then right-click on the area that is highlighted. This action in itself will automatically paste the selected contents to the Clipboard, It is easy enough then to paste the contents of the Clipboard to Notepad or Word for printing.

linney,

Does crtl+prtScrn still function as in the old DOS environment?

I will check myself later.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Ctrl+PrintScreen gives me a Desktop view that is able to be pasted into a Photo Editor.

Alt-PrintScreen will give you just the active window, but it is also a graphic, so can be pasted into a graphic app or HTML message etc. It includes the borders.

There are a lot of free and very cheap utilities which can be used to make print screen work like the key says (i.e. print the screen) or capture the text from the cmd window without having to copy and paste. Several of my custs use Snagit because it also supports full-screen mode.

Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back