Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to print html page without internet address appear in the page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky

Programmer
Nov 28, 2000
US
when we print a html page, it always prints the internet address in the bottom of the page and the page number in the top of the page. i don't want it appear in my page, anybody knows how to do??
thanx

Nicky

Hey, what if some of the people who will printing the page (say, if its a report or something) can't remove the header and/or footer from the printed page. AOL users can't do that, and its causing me a serious problem!

Thanks!
Rexolio

Well, I have this problem too. My solution is to generate in ASP a page with the user name ( Intranet ) . All reports for one user have therefore the same name and user can't show after printing the really place where are data stored.

Stofi,

I'm afraid you answer doesn't quite help me. My asp pages are password protected too with a username, but that doesn't show up on the print outs. What do you mean by "username"? The problem is in the printing of the url.

Hey, what if some of the people who will printing the page (say, if its a report or something) can't remove the header and/or footer from the printed page. AOL users can't do that, and its causing me a serious problem!

well, the can go "File > SAVE As" for the page, save it to their computer and then open it up in IE (or netscape etc) then disable the headers and footers to print

Or if they have MS word 9.0 and above they can view it in word and edit it to a word document to print it up.

hey
guys, make a search in this forum or in javascript forum for your problem (with keyword print or footer or title or something)
there are zounds of this questions!
that's what i found now:
thread216-129889
thread215-131150

adv. search is a great think, you know..

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back