Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Print blank line when value changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorirobn

MIS
Mar 15, 2005
US
Hi,

Lots of report q's for tek-tips today!

I have a report with a subreport that prints a detail line for every record read. I would like to skip a line (print a blank line) when the room number (the main sort field) changes. How can I do this?

I'm not sure if I would check in the main report (I suspect so) or the subreport, but once I know how to do it, perhaps I can play around with where to put it.

My sorts are in the query that I use as record source (main report uses a query, subreport uses another query). I do not use sorting and grouping within the report.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lori

Oops, I got it - by adding some space below the subreport's control on the main report's detail section. That was easy - not sure if it's the only way, but it worked.

How are ya lorirobn . . .

Instead of wasting the lines have you considered [blue]Group By[/blue]?

I don't know how the report looks now but here's an example using and indent for the rest of the fields:

[blue]NewRoom#
The rest of the fields & records for NewRoom# above
NewRoom#
NewRoom#
.[/blue]

There are a number of ways to setup the view.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back