Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Print Barcode on Report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorageLady

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
I'm using FPW 2.6a and would like a barcode to print on first page of a report. Can you tell me how to accomplish this?

I have a number of barcode printing programs (BarTender, LabelWrite) - but I don't don't know how to get them into a report.

BTW, the barcode to be printed is an order number which is generated when an order is processed.

If you install a barcode font on your PC, and then when designing your report in FPW, use that font to display your order number. Preview your report to see how your order number looks, adjust the font size as required to get the barcode to the size you think is best.

Regards
Pete Bloomfield
Down Under

First, forget using your existing barcode programs. You can't get them to be run from your Foxpro application and to return the appropriate barcode info.

When I needed to print barcoded order numbers onto Sales Orders I had to do it in a variety of ways depending on the version of Foxpro.

For Foxpro 2.5 & 2.6 DOS I needed to use Epson Graphic commands and placed them within the report where needed. I had to do this since Foxpro 2.5 & 2.6 DOS cannot recognize or use Windows Fonts. This was time consuming to create, but it worked well.

Once I migrated the application to Foxpro 2.6 Windows, it opened the door to using Windows Fonts. I re-created the report and merely specified the appropriate barcode Font where needed. It was much easier and it also worked well.

You might already have Windows barcode fonts installed from your other barcode programs, but if not, then one font package that I can recommend is the Wasp Fontware:
It provides you with a variety of codes and densities.

Good Luck,
jrbbldr
jrbbldr@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back