Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print a report with a separate customer copy and then the same with an office copy footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dophia

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
CA
Hello Everyone: I have been searching, but cannot find an answer for this. How can I print one report, many times but with a different footer . Each footer would have a different word, such as "customer copy", "office copy", "admin copy", etc?

Thank you,
Sophia

Create a small table [tblCopies] and a single short text field [Copy] and add the values: Customer, Office, and Admin.

Then add this table to your report's record source query but don't join it to any other table. This will actually create 3 times the number of records in your query.

Set the primary sorting and grouping of your report to the [Copy] field and possibly add group header and footer sections. In the footer section of this [Copy] group add a text box with this control source:
=[Copy] & " copy"

You will probably want to remove all of your existing Report Header and Footer controls and place them in the [Copy] Header and Footer sections.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Thank you very much Duane! I had the table, but for some reason could not get the desired result . I changed =[Copy] & " copy" to just the [copy], since it would not work otherwise.

I appreciate your help!
Sophia

The =[Copy] & " copy" would work if you change the name of the text box to txtCopy.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Ok, I understand now. Or I could just name it "Customer copy", etc, right?
Sophia

You can name the text box whatever you want. The key is to not use a field name as the name of the control if the control source begins with "=".

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back