Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to print a label that overlaps the bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCTarheels

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
My company needs to create a combination invoice/shipping label form that is 1/2 invoice and 1/2 label. The form will be in landscape mode. On the left half of the form, we need to print a shipping label. On the right half of the form, we need to print an invoice. The invoice has several detail bands, header, group footers, and page footer bands.

The question is, how do we do this? We are using Viso Enterprise 2003, VB and the Crystal Reports that is part of the package. We also have Crystal Reports 8 in house.

A little bit you, a little bit me. [hippie]

I think you would need to group by customerID, assuming this is the recipient of the invoice and shipping label. Insert a group on {table.customerID} and insert a group_header_b section and place the shipping label information there, on the left hand side of the page. Then format group header_a to "Underlay following sections". Create the invoice but place the relevant fields in the right half of the report canvas.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back