Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print a banner spread on several A4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troopergr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
GR
Hi to all,

I am new to Photoshop, and I just wanted to see if I can print a poster that I have created. Its size is 46cm x 60 cm which does not fit on an A4 page.

Is there a way to tell photoshop to spread the image on several A4's ?

Or maybe there is some other program that can do this ?

Thanks for your help!

That all depends on your printer and its capabilities. My Lexmark will print an image on a 2 over 2, 3 by 3 (9 panels) and 4 by 4 (16 panels) layout. Go into printer set up and see if your printer supports such a feature. It may be called "poster" or something.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

If you have Adobe Illustrator, you can import your Photoshop document into a new Illustrator document (you may be able to import PSD format, or it may work better to save it out as EPS).

In illustrator,
1.) create a new document.
2.) in pop-up box which follows: Specify the final size of the art (aka: Artboard size): 46cm x 60 cm
3.) also in pop-up box: select "Tile Imageable Areas"
4.) hit okay to create the new blank document

(you should see a pattern of A4 tiles overlaid on the 46cm x 60 cm artboard, but the A4 tiles in illustrator will seem a bit small, because illustrator is showing the A4 minus the white margins)

5.) File >> Import >> select your PSD file
6.) To adjust the location of where the A4 tiles lay across your artboard, I think if you click on the tool palette, the little hand icon, underneath the hand icon is a dotted rectangle icon - this tool allows you to move the tiles to a new location.

Adobe Illustrator auto-detects the printer page size at document creation. If you have the correct default printer selected, it will overlay a light outline of the A4 papers within the larger artboard. You may need to go to "FILE >> Page Setup" if you do not have the right printer selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back