Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent users from using Preview Pane/AutoPreview in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneIT

MIS
Jan 16, 2002
US
Is there a way to change the default view for new folders within MS Outlook from Preview Pane? Is there a way to prevent users from selecting Preview Pane and AutoPreview in Outlook? We have a managed install using Group Policy on all Windows 2000 workstations/servers

Not sure....try this:

Outlook closed.

Start-Run:

outlook.exe /nopreview

It's supposed to remove the preview pane option, but I'm not sure about auto-preview options. Anne Troy
Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com
Anne@MrExcel.com

Run Outlook with the /Nopreview switch. See Microsoft Knowledge base articles 195712 or 197180 for more info. If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Sorry, same answer, must have posted at the same time. If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Oh boy, I guess it was late at the time, sorrrryyyy If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Article 197180 has many useful switches. My problem was that after moving my mail from the PST file back to the mailbox for some reason the autopreview would turn on each time I started outlook regardless if it was turn of when the app was shut down.

I tried outlook.exe /CleanViews and Bingo my setting returned to their previous state before the mail location change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back