Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent tape eject - ALWAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
US
We're configuring a new tape drive (HP Ultrium 960) with Backup Exec 12.5. It seems that randomly during some tests like Inventory, or Test Runs, that the tape ejects.

I'm remote from the machine and can't physically get to the drive to insert the tape again. Is there a way to ABSOLUTELY prevent the tape from ejecting... even if it needs to span, or it's full, or ANYTHING?

As a corollary: Is there a way to INSERT the tape programmatically (i.e. remotely)?

The second questioin - the HP Ultrium drive has a mechanical catch on the tape to prevent it from being loaded without pulling out first, and then inserting. So I am reasonably confident you won't find a software instruction to re-load the tape.

I do not know of a way to prevent the tape from ejecting. I share your frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back