Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent sending mail without Subject using Outlook or VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

netizen

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
IN
Hi!
One way to prevent a mail being sent without subject given is writing a macro and pasting it as shown in steps below:

1. Open Outlook
2. Press Alt+F11. This opens the Visual Basic editor
3. On the Left Pane, one can see "Microsoft Outlook
Objects", expand this. Now one can see
the "ThisOutLookSession".
4. Click on "ThisOutLookSession".
5. Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane.
(Code Pane)

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject

If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = "Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the Mail?"
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, "Check for Subject") = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End If

End Sub

But, this is valid only to that session! THis means, when i close Outlook and come back this will not work. I want this to be applicable throughout and at the same time whenever I want to delete the macro it should come back to normal or default operation. Please let me know if there is a way to do this as requested.

Thanks,
Netizen

Hi netizen,

If you save the "ThisOutlookSession" then any code in it - including the event code - should be available and should run in future sessions. Not sure what to suggest if it isn't working. Are you saving the code - is it there in future sessions and not running or is it not there at all?

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at [url=http://www.vbaexpress.

If your outlook security is set to high did you sign the code? I run into that problem whenever I go to a new computer.

Good luck!
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back