Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to position a toolbar form absolutely? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseem1234

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a foxpro application in which I have made a form to represent a toolbar that the user can use to navigate the application...I would like this toolbar to show up exactly 50 pixels below the foxpro menu at the top of the window...I tried to use top and left, but if I am correct those are used for absolute pixels from the top of the screen and left of the screen....I need something to be an absolute distance from the top of the foxpro main window!

Can anyone help???

Thanks

Aseem1234

Try using SYSMETRIC() function minus a percentage.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Aseem1234 said:
in which I have made a form to represent a toolbar
You may find it more convenient in the long term to create a custom toolbar based on the VFP toolbar class.

You would then be able to dock/undock and position the toolbar programatically and accurately, as well as docking/undocking/positioning with the mouse.

The position on the screen is determined by the objects' .Dock() method such as
Code:
[COLOR=blue]tbrMain.Dock(-1,10,50)[/color]
meaning the toolbar is undocked, at left 10 pixels and top 50 pixels.

A keyword search on toolbar will produce numerous threads on the topic. If you need help on how to create and initialize a toolbar class, suggest you start a new thread.

FAQ184-2483 - answering getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].com
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back