Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to position a dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiler44

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
GB
how do I position a dialog box so it opens in a certain oplace that I determine? currently it opens in the middle of my attachmate screen and so is in the way. I would like to position it to one side of my attachmate screen or have it open in the place where it was when it was closed.

thanks you
smiler44

Hey smiler44,

Code:
Begin Dialog DialogName [x, y,] dx, dy [, caption$] [,.dialogfunction]
© 1996 - 2004, Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.

(x,y) = Position of dialog relative to upper left cornor of parent window
(dx,dy) = Size of window
caption = Text in top of the dialog
dialogfunction = The function used by the dialog

Only dx and dy are mandatory variables.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Lakare

Thank you Lakare. I will try this. The only bit I don't understand is [,.dialogfunction] but once looking a the code of my macro it may become clear.
As excited as I am, I'm all macroed and formulaed out for the week. I will practice this next week.
please don't think me ungrateful, I am just worn out

thank you, appreciate it
smiler44

Lakare,
seem to have a clear head today.
I have used Begin Dialog userdialog1 [100, 100,] 183, 100, [,.DlgFunction] but it errors.
I tried Begin Dialog userdialog1 [100, 100,] 183, 100 [, home$] [,.DlgFunction] to make sure i used what you had but this too errors when I complie.
any ideas?
thanks smiler44

Do you write the square brackets?

The square brackets just mean it is optional and shall not be a part of the code.

Regards
Lakare

Lakare,
I'm sure I did but will go and try again just in case.

smiler44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back