Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to play an Embedded audio source as a 2nd recording on an ACD Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockavelli

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2012
GB
Hi

I am trying add a second recording to the ACD paths for a call center however whenever i select the embedded source & set the time it asks for the directory number!
why does it need a directory number for an embedded source?

Can anyone assist me with this, thanks.

What are you trying to achieve?
Embedded source is for the hold music.
Timings and Directory Numbers are for RAD Greetings (Recorded Announcements. i.e. All our staff are currently busy, we'll be with you shortly)

on the ACD path we have a RAD group that starts playing straight away
i would like a second recording to play every 2mins, so i thought the embedded audio would be the easy way of doing it seeing as it gives you the option.

I've never programmed RAD's before, are they easy to do?

Have a look at the help,
System Applications\Messaging\Voice Mail (Embedded)\Features\RAD Greetings
This should get you started, have a look and come back with questions if needed.
Basic steps would be (Depending on setup and amount of ports required):
- Remove a port from the VM Hunt Group.
- Change this port's COS to be a RAD.
- Configure VM RAD Greetings form to configure which greeting number/s to play
- Configure the VM Greetings form to assign RAD greeting to this port.
- Record greeting via admin mailbox (Opt 8, Opt 1, ...)
- Enter this directory number in the Recording 2: Directory number of the ACD Path

To repeat every 2 min make sure you set Repeat Last Recording Enabled: Yes and Last Recording Repeat Interval - Minutes: 2min

Using the embedded voicemail for RAD devices is not difficult. Follow the process in the help files. You do however need at least one mailbox license to allow you to use the embedded voicemail ports for RAD's.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back