Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pickup ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haiqi

MIS
Apr 12, 2004
CN
it is ip-office 412,so many ext.

so i want making 6 groups,

but i can't pickup ringing ext. in same group,ring mode i select HUNT/GROUP all fail!

what's wrong with me?

I had this problem too; it probably because the 'features' have slightly misleading names.

The shortcode feature "CallPickupGroup" does not pickup a call from an extension ringing within your group; it picks up a group call (ie a call going directly to the group) when you are temporary disabled from the group.

To obtain what you want, and assuming your groups are 8911-8916 you will have to do either of the following:

(a) For each user, create a user shortcode (lets say **3) and map this shortcode to the feature CallPickupMembers and the Telephone Number field containing the Group Number

(b) Create a short code **3X, feature CallPickupMembers, Telephone number 891N

Then to pickup group 1 dial **31, group 2 = **32, etc.

It would be nice if there was a way of doing CallPickupMembers without a group number to pickup calls from the group you're in, but sadly not.

HTH - Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back