Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pass parameters into procedure for PRE-COMMIT using OO4O

Status
Not open for further replies.

eja5866

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
How to pass a procedure for PRE-COMMIT using OO4O
Hello.

I'm sending over a bunch of Insert statements from Excel straight into Oracle using OO4O.
Normally on the database side, I have before-insert and before-update triggers firing which populate modified_by and modified_date columns for auditing purposes.

In Forms, I would populate a procedure using a Pre-commit trigger which looked like this:
iplot.Pr1('username', SYSDATE,'username', SYSDATE);
And this worked fine.

However in this VBA environment, how do I successfully carry over these parameters into this procedure right BEFORE the commit?

Ive used: 'dmlstr = "execute iplot.Pr1('username', SYSDATE,'username', SYSDATE)"
right before and right after the INSERT statement, but with no success carrying over this info.
I've even tried to to populate the fields using a typical insert statement, but the Before-insert and before-update triggers fire istead with default values.

It has to carry over on the same time as precommit.
Any ideas?

The triggers on each table look like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER IPC_Master_bur BEFORE UPDATE ON
IPC_Master FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
If P1.modified_by is NULL then
BEGIN
:new.modified_by := USER;
:new.modified_date := SYSDATE;
END;
else
:new.modified_by := P1.modified_by;