Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to pass multiple values on one line of a file to a crystal 9 parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
A Crystal 9 report uses a string parameter containing 5 digits. When I run the report and enter two values in response to the parameter prompt, the report works. The record selection formula is:

not ({field name} in {?parameter})

When I run the report with a VB script (to which I have no access), the VB script reads the parameter from a text file and passes it to the report. When the parameter is 5 digits, the report works. I can't get the parameter to work for two values. I've tried "nnnnn,nnnnn" and "nnnnn nnnnn" and no quotes, etc. I don't know how to use the min, max and edit masks, if that would work. I've successfully hard-coded the record selection formula thus:

not ({field name} in "nnnnn,nnnnn")

and

not ({field name} in "nnnnn nnnnn")

Is there a way to do pass multiple values to the parameter?

You need to look at the datatype of the parameter as it is passed from the VBScript. I suspect it is passing it as a string and not as a multi-value param. A multi-value param is an array, not just a comma-delimited string. I would try changing the parameter definition in your report to be a single-value string and try using your existing syntax.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back