Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pass dynamic values for logic:iterate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyplay

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
Hello

Could you please guide me how to pass dynamic values to the offset and lenth attribute of logic:iterate tag.

I tried with

<logic:iterate name=" " id=" " offset='<%= request.getAttribute("something")%>' lenth='<%= request.getAttribute("something")%>' >.

The above code does not taking the value properly, at the same time it does not show any error.

<rtexprvalue> is true in tld itself.

Please advice,

Thank you in advance.

balachandar

Hello Feherke

As you told, i have tried, but it is not working. i put this code outside the tage , eg ${something}. It is print as it is ${something}. i think EL is not working properly.

I am using weblogic 8.1. As per my understanding, we do not need to do any configuration for EL to be worked out. To disable EL only we do some configurataion.

i do not know whether we need to configure for EL. i am going move on that. Please give your ideas if you are familiar with this.

Thank you for your suggestion.

balachandar

Hi

Sorry, I can not help with this part. I just installed all I have ( Java, JEE, Struts, Tomcat, ... ) without configuring anything. As this is not Struts, maybe you will have more luck in forum695 ( Sun: Servlets and JSP ).

Feherke.

I would think the jsp scripting should work. [ponder]

What is the scope of "something"? Is it in request or session scope? You might try
Code:
request.getSession().getAttribute("something")

or even
Code:
<%
   String foo = request.getSession(false).getAttribute("something1");
   String bar = request.getSession(false).getAttribute("something2");
%>
<logic:iterate name=" " id=" " offset='<%=foo%>' lenth='<%=bar%>' >
...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor