Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to - Parse XML data

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodvarun

Programmer
Apr 21, 2001
CA
I have bunch of XML files and I want to develop a keyword based search engine which parses those XML files.

Anyone has any idea which is the best way to do the job? I mean on Linux? Should I use PHP? JAVA? Python??

Please let me know. I am very new to everything in this domain.

Thanks Varun

Whether to use PHP, Python, or Java is in my opinion really moot. All of those languages should be more than adequate for the task.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

for handling XML you will use parsers.
What parser do you like, is another question. What is the programming language doesn't matter. Python provide interface for two parsers, if I'm right these are libxml and extpat. Also you could use msxml if you are under windows. The best known opensource parsers has interface for python, so you could install them into your library.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back