Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to overlap divs and be able to access both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjd47130

Programmer
Nov 1, 2010
US
It's a little complicated to explain without a picture, but I'm trying to make a menu bar with angled lines between the items. Overlapping two items I have accomplished, using div's with background images (transparent png's) but when hovering over one actually activates the one next to it, because it's overlapped.

Here's an attempt to draw what I want:
----------------------------------------------------
/ First Menu Item / Another item / A 3rd item /
----------------------------------------------------

The slashes (/) represent the angled lines which should show between each menu item. Again, I have them overlapped OK and perfectly lined up, but since the one to the right is on top of the one to the left, hovering over any area around the angled divider, whether to the right or left of the line, activates the item to the right of the line. How can I make the mouse activate the item to the left when pointing just barely to the left of this angled line?

JD Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back