Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to over-ride a locked record in SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoebe85

Technical User
Sep 18, 2006
US
There are many times when I attempt to view a service notification record and SAP informs me that it is LOCKED by someone. This is okay if that someone has the record open; however, I've encountered a few instances where the record is locked...but the person it shows as locking the record is not even in the same record.

What I would like to know is if there is some sort of override keys that we can use to bypass the record lock so that we can access the record...or at least clear user name from that record.

Please help.

Hello,

unfortunately there is no override key.
In some cases SAP will allow you to view locked records, but as far as I know it is hardcoded in which cases this will be allowed.
If you need to change a locked record, then there is no other choice but to ask the locking user to leave that transaction, or, if that doesn't help, to delete the lock using transaction SM12. (Or ask your basis administrator to delete it for you.)
But be careful in deleting locks, they are there for a reason!
On the other hand, it happens to us as well that a user looses connection for some reason, and still holds locks. Then the locks must be deleted.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back