Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To - Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff18wife

Technical User
Sep 6, 2001
US
I have Outlook Express 5 and would like to know how to change it from opening links in Netscape to Internet Explorer. I have explored and played around trying to find where I would make this change but no luck unless I am totally overlooking something.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,
Probably the easiest way is to open Internet Explorer, then open tools -> internet options tab -> programs. Near the bottom of that screen is a check box for "Internet Explorer should check to see if it the default"...put a check in the box, close and restart I.E. and it should say that I E has detected that it is not currently the default browser would you like to make it default...or something to that effect. Click yes, and that should take care of it.

If not, you can change the file associations, but my guess is that Netscape is your default browser at the moment.

Terry

A delayed thank you for your reply. Unfortunately for me, I forgot that I posted this message. Ended up calling my ISP and got the same answer.
Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back