Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to order procedures and functions in database package

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonksen

Programmer
Mar 15, 2002
CH
Hello

I reverse engineered a database package, from an Oracle8i database, or a script, into a PDM model.
The package has many procedures.
The problem is that QDesigner (Quest's PowerDesigner) v. 9.5 orders the procedures by their name inside the package.
I wanted to maintain the same order like in the database.
I have a procedure in the package body only, that is used by other procedures in the package, and it must appear before the others.
QDesigner is also removing the comments inside the package and package body that are outside of the procedures or functions.

Regards,
Ronald Sönksen

The order of procedures in a package is not important to Oracle. Order makes no difference to Oracle. Think about what is cached in your shared pool - the whole package or just the program units most recently used???

As for Quest's product, I do not know how to tell it to stop stipping comments. Sounds like a buggy product.

9i OCP

Hello

If the package body has private functions or procedures, the order is important.

Regards,
Ronald Sönksen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back