Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to optimize exchange backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreadem

Technical User
Dec 14, 2006
IT
Hi, I need help.

I have an Exchange Server in a MS Cluster with two physical nodes and a virtual node, backed up by Nw Server 7.2.1 and Nw Exchange module 4.1

The save set for the physical nodes is ALL, for the virtual node is MSEXCH:IS and MSEXCH:MB

this take too many time, how can i optimize this backup?

Your question is hard to understand - what do you want to change?

In general, what you specify for backup this is your data. You may specify subsets but this does not generally change the total time requirements.

You may of course backup different clients/client save sets at different times if you move them to different groups.

When backing up mailboxes, you can usually increase the performance a bit using wildcards in the saveset name.
You might need to increase the client parallelism to 5
or something.

MSEXCH:MB/A*
MSEXCH:MB/B*
MSEXCH:MB/C*
and so on..

This should also reduce restore times some, as you need only restore the A saveset when restoring Alan Anderssons mailbox, instead of all mailboxes.

Cheers!
Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back