Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to open the Crystal report itself not via RDC from VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujur

Programmer
Feb 14, 2003
US
Hello,

My quesiton is : How do i open the crystal report 9.0 from vb 6 and pass the 10 reports as parameter to be open from vb? Right now I have vb app that uses CR viewer to diplay the crystal reports and I loop into the vb and one by one it opens up the 10 reports. But now I want to use crystal report instead of referencing through the viewer. I want to create an object that references the crystal report and opens up the 10 reports. (for example : we can reference the excel by an object that sort of thing).

Thanks.

Crystal Reports comes with a whole set of APIs. I could give you a small example, but it's written in C (which has wrappers around those APIs, but basically it's the same).

The only problem is that the report will need to have a window to be displayed in and I wouldn't know how to do that in VB....
Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back