Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to open PDF files at work MAC computer from PC home computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
AU
Hope someone can help.
I using Mac OS9.2 at work. Every day receiving pages for the newspaper but imposing adds on it. That's work perfectly.
Now I need to go beyond and be able to open my comp at work place from the home computer. My home workstation is PC Pentium 4 and connection is broadband 512 Mb.
Can anyone explain me what software I need to open en edit my PDF files at work computer from my homeone, even using cross platform system.
Thank to everyone who try to help.

The PDF format is compatible in both PC and MAC (it's actually Post-Script, which is originally a MAC format I think) Simply forward your PDF document via email to your work or get yourself a small USB memory key ... the method of transportation is up to you, but you simply need Adobe Acrobat Reader on both computers. They are free and have versions for both PC and MAC. Setting up remote access is not worth the effort for just reading PDFs and so many issues can prevent such a thing, especially if your trying to access your WORK computer from home.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Thanks ReddLefty!
I am not novice for PDF. Actually have finish course for Adobe Applications. Not only PDFs, I need to open Quark files as well and any other folder to get pictures.
Why I asking that question. Over weekend I cannot go to my work place to download and sort my files receiving from overseas. I would rather sitting home and spend couple of hours to fix and be happy.
So, if you or anyone know what I have to do to access to my Mac at work - open e-mail, download files and open any other folder to retrieve needed files. Simply to "work from home". Specific question is: WHAT SOFTWARE I MUST HAVE TO DO IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back