Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Open MS Word inside IE Browser ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpaw

Programmer
Feb 24, 2001
US
I am working in an intranet environment using Word '97 and IE 4 and 5, some people have some Win2000 applications, most do not.

When I create a hyperlink to a word document (.doc) it opens inside the browser for some people and for others it launches a new Word window and opens the document there.

Is there any way to force/assure the link opens within the present browser window?

I looked through the MS knowledge base but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, I am hoping someone here has solved this issue.

Thanks,
-donna

The easiest way is to save the document as an HTML page then all users will view within IE, Unless they need access to edit the Doc.

Richard Baker
RFBaker@BTInternet.com

There is a large volume of documents, I am trying to avoid the timely process of converting the documents to HTML if possible.

I am hoping to find a way to always have the document open as a word doc inside the browser window.

Thanks,
-donna
donna@bigpaw.com

I believe, but i am not positive that this is a IE5 feature only. Maybe have all your users right click and open in new window for a standard way to open the documents ?

good luck

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back