Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Open ACCESS (MDB) from an HTML Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcate

MIS
Jan 17, 2012
US
Hi There:

I have a web page .html with links to open different site. On the same page would like to open an access .mdb file via a hyperlink. Any guidance?
Also, we use office365- can I be done with a menu in SharePoint. If yes any examples.

Thank you,

Sam

In general you run an access frontend locally. Generally the website should download the file locally and open it and the method for that will vary by the technology used and whether you are talking about an internal website and your own machines or outside on the internet machines.

There really is not enough here to understand where you are at and what problem you are trying to solve. There may be other ways to solve your actual problem that are easier.

Thank you lameid. I can be more descriptive:

1) I create an online menu called company links (company.htm) which displays a menu to many sites, Google, vendor sides at the bottom of the menu is there a way to put local server links to open an ACCESS database like vendors.mdb on the same menu, rather than download the .mdb

Thank you,

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back