Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to only generate a LOV once, then re-use?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie75

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
BE
Hi, i'm having some problems with the use of LOV's.
The LOV is used in a manual data cross refence screen, where the user selects an item from the LOV which matchs an item to be cross referenced. However, due to the size of data, and the database design, the LOV can take about 3 minuites to load. The user may have up 1000 records to X-Ref, which is taking quite a long time. Does anybody know of a way in which the LOV will load once, then as the list is not dynamic, store the LOV, so when its needed for the next record, it wont take 3 minuites. Plus if the X-ref is done over the network and not locally then the LOV load time increases significantly. Hopefully there is some option im not aware of in Runtime. Simon :)

i dont remember properly but you do have an option in the property pallet.. i think the property pallet of the item which lists the lov.... but generally it is not put to 'yes' because they want the lov's to be loaded dynamically... i case any estra items are added in the LOV list...
check it out.... else you will have to wait here for reply.

You may set Automatic Refresh to No, but be carefull if you used parametrized queries. You may also consider additional filtering records by specifying [/b]Filter Before Display[/b] property.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back