Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to ONLY allow one URL with ASA 5505??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickpo12

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2012
US
All, thank you in advance.

I have an ASA 5505 that I would like to setup so that it will ONLY allow communications out from one server to one url: (All other outbound requests from this server would be blocked)
SERVERNAME: SLEEPY

I have been playing with regular expressions and http inspect maps, but have not yet run into the magic steps that will allow for this. I thought that I would ask this group to see if others have already figured this out. NOTE: I would like to do this WITHOUT having a URL Filtering Server, just the basics of the ASA.

If you know the steps to accomplish this task, I sure would appreciate the help and the steps.

Thank you

Rick

Are you doing any NAT on the ASA? If not, you could define an ACL for the server <-> website, and deny all others - this would basically 'time out' any other requests.

If you're running NAT, this process is a little more difficult, but can be accomplished similarly, with additional inspection maps (if I recall correctly).

Jason
Network Engineer, Cisco & Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back