Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Obtain Value DISPLAYED on Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra45

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
ID
Hi, I want to get the values displayed on screen and transfer it to Excel spreadsheet, however I don't know how to obtain those values directly from screen. For example values on screen:
Name Age
James 33
Nadia 25

Please help me, many thanks.

Regards,
Sandra

you must be getting the values from somewhere to display on screen, just use the same source.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Hi Chris, yes, I'm retrieving records from a database based on parameters submitted by the user, the records found then displayed on screen. Then the user has the option to convert displayed data to Excel if they want to. Instead of processing/retrieving data from server, I just think that it's faster and better to obtain the value displayed on screen (client process). I wonder if this can be done. At this moment, I'm just using form and hidden input type to store the value. Thanks.

Regards,
Sandra

If they are in a form as inputs (hidden or otherwise) there's no problem. I take it a submit button will pass the data to your Excel conversion and there you can just grab the values from the form [request.form("name")].

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Yes, this is what I'm currently doing. Thanks Chris.

Regards,
Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back