Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to obtain username / hostname

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucklow

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
I'm a newbie to Dreamweaver but I can't seem to find how to obtain the computer's hostname and/or username that is accessing my page (I want to display it on the page). Any ideas?

I see from your profile that you have asked 17 questions over the past 8 years, but haven't yet marked any of the answers as being valuable. If you haven't had any useful answers then read faq222-2244 to see how to ask better questions. If you have had useful answers then read faq222-2244 to see how to acknowledge them!

For this question you will need some info from your server. If your server runs PHP (most do) then have a look at the PHP $_SERVER variables. You can find details here

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

I'm just using IIS. I got around the problem by having the user click a link that runs a batch file and obtains the local hostname and runs the scripts I need. Probably not the ideal solution but it gets me what I need. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back