Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to NOT allow Pivot Table to be saved on close

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgbatdw

Programmer
Aug 11, 2004
US
I have an Pivot Table that I need to allow user to do a "save as", but don't want them to be able to just do a "Save". I don't want any user changes/manipulations to be saved, but I do want them to be able to utilize the PT and close without saving. Is there some way that I can disable the "Save" for this wkbook only. I'd rather not rely on a button to close because they can still save. Anybody have any (hopefully simple) ideas?

Linda in MN

Hi!
Set the Excel's file property to read only. If the user makes changes, Excel will prompt to save upon exit/close, if the user clicks Yes on the prompt, Excel will bring up Save as...

Tom

Live once die twice; live twice die once.

You could always save the file with a "full access" password so it will force people to open as read only, therefore they wont be able to save unless they "save as

Tom - Thank you - thank you! That was the "easy button" I was looking for. :)

Linda in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back