Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to move my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewin99

Programmer
Sep 25, 2008
GB
I have posted in the Mac Hardware forum about a HDD question and been advised to move it to the Engineering forum, not that I can find that, but would like to know how to contact admin so they can.

Its titled: "Freecom Quattro 2TB HDD suitable for always-on network?:

And no, this is not cross forum posting. thanks.

Just Red flag your post and detail what you'd like to happen to your thread.

In this case though I think SYQUEST was meaning another dept at Freecom as the customer service dept. couldn't help you.

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, cadillac. The boy's a timebomb!

You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Eric Cartman

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244: How to get the best answers before post

Hmm, good point, I'll telephone.

Thanks.

I rung their Technical Support, which is a world away from their clueless Customer Service email support, and they said that any Freecom Drive would be safe on a network. Although the Quattro 2TB is designed to be directly connected to a computer its going to be fine for a wireless network. My set-up I described as an Apple Time Machine with the drive connected into the back, wirelessly streaming data.

The Quattro has four interfaces so Mac users best benefit from it because of FireWire and that its the first to have a 2TB HDD inside. If those sell well then the normal drives will be sold with 2TB. I told them the pricing might put people off a bit but having just recently opened up one of their drives its obvious that the quality of the build extends not just to its exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back