Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to move and reload two lims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StZhibuwu

Technical User
Oct 21, 2007
Hi,

My pstn's Version is BC8.0; It inludes six LIMs; There are two MD110/90 Cabinets, which are LIM4 and LIM5. LIM4 is the Master Lim and receiving external sync?

I want to move the two LIMs to a near place(still in the system, only to provide space for other new machines) and reload them.

I have some puzzles:
1. How to set MASTER LIM and EXTERNAL to other LIMs ?
2. Is it necessary to block the LIM to be moved before turn off the power ?
3. Is it safe to turn off the two LIMs at the same time, or to do this one by one ?

Could anybody tell me the safe operation and the detail of instruction would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance...

StZhibuwu

If you have a digital trunk board in one of the other LIMs, you can move external synch (SCEXE:FEML=R; then SCEXI:FEML=x-x-xx-xx; where x is the equipment position of the new board).

You don't *have* to have external synch assigned. You can just end it and put it back in when you're finished.

As far as blocking the LIM 1st.......don't do it. Make sure your PCM link and power connections are ready in the new location, remove all external cabling, shut off the power and move it.

Reconnect power, ground and PCM links and power up. If your links are correct, the LIM will begin reloading.

Whether you do them together or one at a time would depend on the significance of the services/users who will be affected, their tolerance to an outage, and how long it will take to get all the external cabling connected. (and whether you're salary or hourly ;-) ).

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Just in case...
Make a back-up of the system before you begin this job.
Also a PC regenerartion (i.e. all print commands).
Make shure that ALLOP; and HIMDP; is checked out before, you move your LIMs.
Sometimes hardware that has been switched on for many years (e.eg BC8-MD's), will end its life af being switched off.
The ALLOP; and HIMDP; can (maybe) point out this H/W before.
Good luck.
///doktor

Thanks for you help!

I have two digital trunk board in LIM2, this BPOS is 2-1-10 and 2-1-20, but when I use "SCEXI:FEML=2-1-10-00" to assign external synch, an alarm occured, alarm code is 65, the alarm indicate that the EQU is "2-*-*-*".

Would you please tell me how to dispose it ?

Thanks a lot .

StZhibuwu

Code 65 is a synchronization fault in that LIM. If you have more than 1 link in that LIM, send GJLSP:LIM=2; and see which link has synch. Try moving synch to the other link (SCREI:EQU=x-x-xx-x;), then wait a few minutes and see if the alarm clears. If it doesn't and will only go away if you remove external synch, then leave external synch unassigned until you're done with moving the LIMS and can put it back where it was.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back