Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify logical disks size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPopescu

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
I never did it
I have one hard drive 160gb one
Now has 3 logical disks c - 30 gb, d 30 gb and e 75 gb
I want to include the d into c
but i don't want to do something wrong. If I go to disk management i can delete logical disk d and after how to include this into the disk c? On the C i have installed windows xp sp2 and i don't want to break down the disk c
thanks

By default and for security purposes, Windows will not let you alter the drive or partiion its in, so you'll need a 3rd party app, like Partiion Magic to do it.

Athough it involvs some risk, as you may render Windows unbootable.

All Drive altering operations should be done previous to installing any operating systems.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Whatever you do, the first thing to do is to backup all your valuable data, then if anything does go wrong your data is safe.

Have a look around this following site, I have been a user of their software for many years and I am happy to recommend it for all imaging and partition work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back