Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify function GetSelectStatement to generate inner join select statement by using csharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engsalah2018

Technical User
Sep 10, 2018
EG
I work on csharp and i need to generate select statement based on inner join select statement but i cannot modify it
I need to get fields and keys and table to generate inner join select statement as below :
Code:
select FooterTable.ItemCode,FooterTable.Quantity,FooterTable.UniPrice from

MasterTable inner join FooterTable on MasterTable.Serial=FooterTable.Serial,MasterTable.BranchCode=FooterTable.BranchCode,MasterTable.Year=FooterTable.Year

where MasterTable.Serial=10 AND MasterTable.Year=2019 AND MasterTable.BranchCode=1
What i try to get result above by csharp as following :

C#:
public string GetSelectStatement(string JsonDataForSelect)
{
var root = (JObject)JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(JsonDataForSelect);
var query = "";
var items = root.SelectToken("Details").Children().OfType<JProperty>().ToDictionary(p => p.Name, p => p.Value);
foreach (var item in items)
{
if (item.Key == "table")
{
var tableName = item.Value;
query = string.Format("select from table {0} inner join table{1} where", tableName);
}
else if (item.Key == "keys")
{
var key = item.Value.SelectToken("").OfType<JProperty>().ToDictionary(p => p.Name, p => p.Value);
var count = 0;
foreach (var id in key)
{
count++;
if (count == key.Count())
{
query += string.Format("{0} = {1}", id.Key, id.Value);
}
else
{
query += string.Format("{0} = {1} and ", id.Key, id.Value);
}
}

}
}
return query;
}
I need to modify code above to generate select statement as above
to simple syntax i need to make
select FooterTable.fields from MasterTable inner join FooterTable on MasterTable.key1=FooterTable.key1 and MasterTable.key2=FooterTable.key2 and MasterTable.key3=FooterTable.key3 where key1 =value and key2=value and key3=value

How to do that please by modify code above

im not sure this is the correct answer, but it seems you are trying to generate a sql statement dynamically that joins two tables.
e.g. query = string.Format("select from table {0} inner join table{1} where", tableName);
one part of your issue might be that you seem to be using the where clause for the join columns,

When sql sees the phrase inner join/join it expects an "On" clause.
If you are planning on adding the join columns via the where clause the syntax would be
query = string.Format("select from {0},{1} where", tableName);

also query = string.Format("select from table {0} inner join table{1} where", tableName);
why do you have the word table in there?
plus you only have on tablename in the format statement, but your code is looking for 2 {0} and {1}

shouldn't it be more like
string.Format("select from {0} a inner join {1} b on a.{2} = b.{3} where", table1, table2, col1, col2);

also your original query has table {0} table{1}
table {0} has a space between the word table and the placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back