Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify an existing d channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tataylor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a d channel that shows up as adan dch 31. I need to modify my rcap on this dchannel. I can not figure out how to do this. In LD 17 I do chg then adan then at the adan prompt I tried entering dch 31 and other similar things but all I get is error codes.

Is the Dchannel disabled? At the adan promt try CHG DCH 31.
go down to RCAP and make your change if the system lets you.

1st thing is load 96, dis dch 31 auto, then go to 17 ,,

[code}

REQ chg
TYPE adan
ADAN chg dch 29
trash
trash trash
rcap
add one enter then return, rcap will repeat
more trash
return to end

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I was not entering the adan chg dch 91 correctly. My problem is now with the rcap line. Right now it says rcap nd2 and I believe I want it to say rcap cmwi. However when I try to make this change I get an sch0531 code. When I run this code it says it is not listed. I am assuming I am missing other changes that need to be done to allow me to change this rcap value. Below is my dchannel.
ADAN DCH 31
CTYP DCIP
DES Virtual
USR ISLD
ISLM 80
OTBF 127
NASA NO
IFC SL1
CNEG 1
RLS ID 25
RCAP ND2
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
This channel is between my Succession 1000 and BCM 3.5 and is used for VoIP trunking.

mwk to send msg waiting, QMWI for msg waiting to a qsig route. is cmwi a listed prompt, what are you trying to send. nd2 shows names

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have phones off of the BCM that use voicemail from the Succession side across the SL1 pipe. The voice mail works fine but I get no message indication that there is a voicemail on the phone. I changed the rcap line to read rcap nd2 mwi. I will check and see if this worked tomorrow.

i misread your post as to the rcap you were adding. mwi should work, if not let me know, we've got that combo working here in town

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, as always thanks for your input. I was able to modify the d-channel from the information you gave me. This is what I now have:
ADAN DCH 31
CTYP DCIP
DES Virtual
USR ISLD
ISLM 80
OTBF 127
NASA NO
IFC SL1
CNEG 1
RLS ID 25
RCAP ND2 MWI
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
I called the location in question and was told that the message indication did start working. So adding the MWI to the RCAP was what needed to be done for my situation. Again thanks for your help on this.

i know that is the rcap for meridian to meridian, didn't remember on the bcm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back