Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to migrate database between two computers using ibm db2 udb 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermanisdeepblue

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2010
PH
Hi buddies!

Just wanna ask, how could I possibly migrate or transfer a ibm db2 database between two computers. The source computer is tremendously slow so i've planned to use a faster computer. I've installed ibm db2 udb express edition into my new computer. My problem is that I can't transfer the database from the old pc into the new one. I've tried backup and restore using control center but the backup image wasn't detected everytime I try to restore.

Any help on this will be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks and more power to this forum!!!

DeepBlue

Can the method shown here not be used?

You may need to create a new, valid backup.
I've tried backup and restore using control center but the backup image wasn't detected everytime I try to restore.
There may be compatibility issues between the 2 different levels of UDB.

One way to do what you want is to unload delimited data and then reload on the new target (at least this is how we've done data migrations on other database systems).

Could you supply more info about the 2 configurations? When you make a backup from the source computer, make sure that it is an uncompressed offline backup!
Do not rely on the control centre too much but try to make your own backup/(redericted) restore scripts.
Believe me, it works, but the syntax can be complex sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back