Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to migrate all objects from TSM5.1 AIX4.3 to TSM 5.1 to AIX5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsd

Technical User
Jul 28, 2002
AU
Hi,

Could someone please help me I have installed TSM server 5.1 on AIX5.1 and have the server up. I want to migrate all objects/configuration from a TSM5.1 AIX 4.3 server including the database.
Or do I have to re-configure the new server from Scratch.

Please any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Dexter Adams

Hi,
As I understand, you want to move from an AIX4.3 system running TSM 5.1 to an AIX 5.1 system running TSM 5.1. The most important is the TSM Level and in this case it's the same. So only make a backup of the TSM-Database on your 4.3 system and restore it to your 5.1 system.

Don't forget, that you should previously create the Database and Log volumes on your AIX 5.1 system as same as they are on your AIX 4.3 system (GB's).

Check for all devices (Tape and so on). Eventually copy your volumehistory and deviceconfig files to your new system.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply. One more question where is the deviceconfig file located, sorry I am new to TSM.

Cheers

Hi,
Sorry about the long delay of answer.

The location of the deviceconfig and volumehistory file is described on your config file :

/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt

Search in this file for your the entry. If there is nothing configured then you will find them on the default location of TSM server:
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back