Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to merge or link data sources for a Web I report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi,
I want to have one report from 2 different universes and I can do it. Now, I want to combine the queries from these two universes. Like one universe object being compared with an object from the second universe.

Any clues on how to do this....?

Thanks in advance,
Hari...

Are you doing this in Crystal, Desktop Intelligence, or Web Intelligence (Webi)? If it's Webi, this is fairly easy to set up but sometimes it takes some tweaking to get it working correctly.

1. Set up both of your queries and run them.
2. In the Designer, the lower toolbar, click on the 4th button in from the left (looks like two cubes and a pencil) is "Merge Dimensions".
3. This will bring up a screen that will allow you to match fields from your two queries and give them a common 'merged' name.

After you've merged all of the fields that can be merged, you can place either the merged field or the one from each query on the report.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Thanks Hilfy...

Your answer is helpful, but if a user who doesn't have access to Designer wants to create a WebI report from two different universes and then merge dimensions belonging to separate universes, then how to do it?

I couldn't merge dimensions from the two different queries that I had created...

Thanks,
Hari...

You have to have access to Designer to do this - I don't know of any way around except possibly exporting to Excel and merging the data there.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back