Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to merge contact list to global list

Status
Not open for further replies.

matica

Technical User
Jan 13, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a quick question for you guys. I have all my contacts under Outlook and I would like to place these contacts on the global list on our Exchange server, so all the users can use it. I am looking for a way that I can merge the entire list so as not do it one by one.

I don't know if this is possible but if it is can someone help me.

Thank you very much in advance for your Help.

Matica.

The Global List (GAL) is a list of mailboxes on the Exchange Server and can't be merged with a list of contacts which may or may not contain an e-mail address for each contact.

The easy way to share you contacts, is to simply give permission to other users to open your Contacts Folder. Right-click on your Contacts folder, and assign users different permissions. Then on each of the users, set up their mail program to open your mailbox. They should only be able to see your Contacts folder, not your Inbox or Sent Items, etc.

In Outlook for example, go to Options, Services, Exchange Server, click the Properties button, click the Advanced tab, and add your mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back