Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to maximize a form returning from a hyperlink? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusbrunston

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
US
[tt]
Hi:

On a menu form there is a hyperlink to the company's web site. When the web site is closed, the form is minimized, appearing in the tray. Requires a click by the harried user. How can I maximize the form when it returns from the hyperlink? Or can I keep it in focus, maximized, while the user is wandering the 'net behind the active window? Freeze it, that is, until the user comes home?

Thanks in advance for your help. I can only remember one problem I didn't get solved on tek-tips.

Cheers,[/tt]

[glasses][tt]Gus Brunston - Access2000(DAO Intermediate skills.
Webmaster: www.rentdex.com[/tt]

What are you using as your Hyperlink? If you use a label, then it should open the Website in a new window thus not minimizing you database form.

Clarkie

[tt]
Hi Clarkie:

Yes, I'm using a label, with the URL as the hyperlink address. Perhaps I should look at using code behind the label rather than simply using hyperlink properties of the label?

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,[/tt]

[tt]
Will do.

Thanks, HTH.[/tt]

[tt]
Dear HTH:

Worked like a charm!

I had to remove the semi-colon before it would comple, and I removed the hyperlink property from the label before I started.

Thanks again!

Cheers and a star[/tt]

I am glad that it works for you!

Not sure where the semi-colon came from since I copied the command from a test sample I just made.

HTH = hope this helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back