Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to map virtual directories from another domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knutern

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
NO
Hi there,

this is my scenario:

[tt] IP 192.168.5.0/24 IP 192.168.6.0/24
+---------------+ +--------------+
| internal.lan +---- Router ----+ DMZ +
+---------------+ +--------------+[/tt]

I have a FTP Server (IIS5) in my DMZ and I want to map a virtual directory which is on my internal lan.

When i map the network drive (explorer or any other means) with a user account on my internal lan, it works fine.

However, if I create a new virtual disk and use the same logon credentials it will not work.

There are no trusts between the domains, and will under no circumstance be.

Is there a way to solve this?

Cheers
Knutern

doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a dmz? If you can map a drive between the two that means that you've got netbios talking back and forth which i also wouldn't recommend. But, if you do have netbios, try using the computername\username password when trying to connect the virtual

Besides from the fact that the usefullness of DMZ is undoubtfully not present, NetBIOS is not being used. I am able to map the drive using computername\username parameter via exploerer (or command line for that sake).

But for the sake of security, I should implement some kind of mirroring, i.e. mirror the internal source to my DMZ-FTP server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back