Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to map network printer via BAT file

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeym

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2004
US
How can we use existing AD batch login scripts to map network printers shared off the file server?

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n\\"print_server"\"Printer_share_name"

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n\\"print_server"\"Printer_share_name"

These should each be on one line

It is advisable to switch to vbscript for your login scripts in a W2K3 AD environment as batch files have had their day. The vbscript forum forum329 has some great FAQs

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Check out Markdmacs sample scripts in the vbforum-they rock-he has written ones for setting up network drives/printers etc.

what are the benefits of VB vs. BAT files?

Check out Markdmacs FAQ it will give you a run through the benefits once you take a look you will see the power of VB logon scripts

faq329-5798

When you are the IT director, it's your job to make sure the IT works. If it does work they know already and if it doesn't, they don't want to hear your pathetic excuses.

ok thanks i will def check it out.

I can attest to the VB Script by Markdmacs. I wrote a login bat file for printers and Marks VB script works A LOT better.

Just throwing in my two cents, the FAQ has more info.

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back