Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make the vertical lines end with the details

Status
Not open for further replies.

foru11

MIS
Aug 25, 2011
MY
Hi,

I am using CR10, Oracle 11g.

I am facing a problem with the vertical lines going till the end of the page. There are more details at next page. I would like the vertical lines to end at the horizontal line but I have no luck in solving this problem. (You may refer to attachment for clearer understanding).

In this report, there is a grouping by customer number and page break by this group. The horizontal line is putting at the details section because I need to have line for each record. The vertical lines I draw until GF1.

I really no ideas how to solve this problem.
Please help and thanks in advanced.

Drawing vertical lines for me is difficult. First off I tend to zoom up to about 150% so that I can see where the end is. If I can get one line right, then I make sure the other lines are the same length (right click on line, and click on Size and Position). Sometimes an extra section just for the horizontal line seems to help.

Can you please post the Design view of your details and Group Footer. (if you are still having the problem with the vertical lines)

One approach I find helpful is to add a Horizontal Guideline, aligned to the horizontal line. Vertical lines will then naturally tend to terminate at the horizontal line.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back