Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make text area readonly in html

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogesh

Programmer
Jun 22, 2000
US
Hello guys <br><br>I am trying to make text area as read only , it works fine in IE but not in netscape , pls let me now if there is any other way of doing it.<br><br>Thanks in advance<br>yogesh

Well its possible, but it may not be worth the trouble. You can use the onKeyPress event handler to capture the event and return false, thus preventing the user from writing over it. <br><br>Another solution would be to use the onFocus to move the focus to another form element.<br><br><A HREF="mailto:jared@aauser.com">jared@aauser.com</A>

The second is better... to see exactly what the code would be, you can take a look at the FAQ I wrote in the HTML/DHTML section. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back