Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW TO MAKE SEARCH ENGINE LIST YOUR WEB SITE ADDRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coding

Programmer
Aug 13, 2000
CA
What should I do with my web site to be listed by a search engine like Google, Altavista or Hotbot.
I wrote this line <meta name=&quot;keywords&quot; content=&quot;...&quot;> inside the HTML <head> tag where I added inside the content quotation marks the keywords related to my site and my web site address was not listed when I searched that keywords on Google.

Is there any other way to make search engine list my web site address?

this really doesn't belong in this forum (ASP), but the term for what you're trying to do is called &quot;search engine optimisation&quot; if you want to search for more info about it.

The quick answer is, yes that will do it - but it takes weeks to months for Google to get around to looking at your page (they have to continuously look at every page on the internet.. takes a while).

I recommend you read this article from webmonkey: its simple and explains everything you need to know to get listed
enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back