Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make replication of data to text file(which type of replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpn2012

Instructor
Jan 8, 2012
I work in company have more branches but no connection between original branch and another branch because network not available
so that some people tell me replicate data of sql server 2005 in text file then send by email can any one tell me which type of replication i can use.

you can export a table to a text or csv file but sql 2005 does not have smtp anymore. In order to email you will need to install an email client outlook etc on the server and use mapi to send it by email

Just google sql 2005 and mapi and there are loads of guides on how to do it.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

How big are the tables? Even if you get the data into a text format for them, you may not be able to email it if the amount of data is too large.

SQL Server does not have any form of replication for this. You will have to set up a job to copy out any new data and email to the other location.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back