Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make Option 11C stop outing analog phones due to infrequent use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricom

Technical User
Jun 19, 2012
US
I don't know exactly how long but, If I have a phone in a remote location and it's not used for a month straight the Switch will go through it's routine and disable that phone. Eventually it's discovered and a Trouble request is sent to me. I have to go in and ENLU xxxx the phone. How do I turn this feature off?

Nothing disables analog phones - there is no routing in the system that can do that. But for digital phones, you can do two things:

Take Load 30 out of LD17 DROL

-or-

Add CLS FLXA to the phone TN you do not want to disable.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

also, is the TN disabled or in LOCKOUT? Lockout would mean something happened to the line (grounding, bad cord, etc or the phone), or someone did not hangup (hookswitch).

When I go to LD 20 Stat xxxx it says DISL, what acronym does it use for LOCKOUT.

You mentioned remote location. How is the extension provided there?. Is it wired internal or via external cabling?. Has the line been tested for earthing / grounding or any battery contact?.

How far is the extension from the switchboard?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Its wired with external cabling and my next step is to ensure it's free of grounds and other faults.

I have a similar issue with one phone line. It is in a conference room and it works fine for a few days and then suddenly disables also. All I have to do it enable it and it works fine for a while again. Sure wish there was something I could do to stop it from disabling also.

stat the whole card (to see if the TN shows up in lockout) or track the TN in LD 80

if you just stat the TN it will show disabled i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back